Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's just about time!

I'm anticipating being able to formally sign up for my birth doula class this week...next week at the latest. We have 6 people who all want to sign up together, and we will recieve a substantial discount for signing up as a group! That's even better news!

I also already have my two births lined up and this Sunday afternoon I will be meeting with one of my clients, S., and her husband, D., to talk about her first birth experience and how this one will be different (or hopefully the same, as she had a really "boring" first birth!). I'm planning to discuss her birth philosophy, help her write a birth plan, and talk with her and her husband about streaches and relaxation techniques they can practice working on together, as well as explain the things I will be able to help them with during labor.

I'm so excited to be meeting with them! S and D and I went to highschool together, and I just really feel blessed that they would allow me to be a part of the birth of their daughter.

I also had the honor of speaking at our local ICAN (International Ceserian Awareness Network) meeting this past Saturday. It was a great opportunity not only to share with the group what a doula does, but also to get information about Blessed Birth out there. Glynis was able to attend as well, which was great! We have some preliminary handouts made and were able to pass out a number of those at both the ICAN meeting and at the clothing swap beforehand.

Praises: I want to continue to praise God for allowing me to persue this calling. I feel really confident that everything will work out the way it is supposed to.

Prayer requests: Pray that both of my moms will be able to have the births that they want, with healthy babies and moms. Please also pray that things will work out with their labors in such a way that I will have no problems getting to them on time and will be able to support them in the ways that they need.

No comments: