Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, September 26, 2008

Thursday and Friday rundown

Thursday morning, Great Worth met. It was just me and G. again, but we had a nice study about choosing to be submissive as wives and how that is in turn choosing to be obedient to God. The kids had fun playing and watching cartoons while we talked. I'm so glad God has put G. in my life. We are so similar in our parenting and religious beliefs, as well as our financial situations. It's nice to have someone close by who you can really connect with.

After Ian's nap, I sat down with him and helped him make a flower craft out of construction paper. He got to glue all of the pieces into place and that just tickled him silly! The flower went along with what he learned about at AWANA this past week. That is really working out well for us...Ian gets to go have fun for an hour and PG and I get to spend some todler free time together. Ian (without my prompting) drug his daddy over to the fridge to see the flower when he got home from work. Dave and Suzanne came over for supper (and he showed off his flower to them as well). Dave is such an excellent cook! We had a great chicken dish over noodles and steamed veggies while we watched the season opener of Survivor. I haven't watched that show in a couple of seasons, and I don't know that I'll keep up with it this season either. It just seems like so many recycled ideas at this point.

I got Zollie to sleep in his crib again last night, and he actually slept there until about 5am! PG said he got up early and heard him crying and assumed I would get him, but I never woke up, so now I am feeling really guilty that he cried himself back to sleep. I went in to check on him and he was sleeping soundly, but I went ahead and brought him in to bed with us. I didn't intend for him to have to stay in there and cry and I feel horrid about it. The door was closed to our room to keep the dog out, and I guess between that and the storm raging outside I just didn't hear the poor guy. The downside to him not sleeping with us is that by morning I'm full to bursting with milk because he doesn't wake to nurse as often when he's by himself.

This morning, Friday, we got up and breakfasted and watched a few cartoons. Ian knows all the words to the themesong of the Wonder Pets. It's so cute to hear him singing that along with the show! He's really talking up a storm now...and to think that at one point we were taking him to a speach therapist because we were concerned. Around lunch time we walked downtown so I could pay the electric bill and then went to see the fountain in front of Town Hall. The last time we were at it, we gave Ian a penny and told him to wish for ice cream when we got home and toss the penny in. Today I told him to wish for popcorn as I handed him a penny. He mumbled something under his breath and threw the penny in. I said "Did you wish for popcorn?" and he said "No, I wished for icecream!" The little stinker!

We then walked over to the Salvation Army where I found a cute khaki skirt for $1.70 and a couple of foam books to give Zollie for his birthday. Score! I can't believe, though, that my little baby is fixing to turn 1. We are planning to grill out and have a banana split bar for his party. I'll make him a little cake, of course, but I think banana splits will be so fun!

Once we got home, I gave Ian a tiny cup of ice cream and then put him down for a nap. He's passed out right now...though I don't know how...Zollie is playing in his room at the moment. That kid can sleep through anything! I promised him we could blow some bubbles outside once he wakes up, so I guess I better go get some housework done while I have the chance. Until next time!

No comments: