Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, February 27, 2009

The countdown is on!

I'm so excited about starting my doula training! I just got off the phone with Childbirth International and got to ask all of my questions, and I'm even more excited now than I was before (which is barely possible!). The cost of the birth doula program is about $450 and I've discussed it with PG and we agreed that I could keep a quarter of my babysitting and teaching money to go towards the class (up until now, pretty much all of my money has gone straight into the bank to help cover bills). So, after being paid this week, I'm about $100 towards my goal!

My birthday is on Tuesday and any money that I get for that will go straight towards the class as well. Orriginally I had hoped to get started by May 1, but if I go the payment plan route, I might could get started in the next couple of weeks! *squeel!*

On a more sobering note, we are going to have to replace our heatpack downstairs to the tune of $2700 asap. It stopped working Thursday morning and he man who came to look at it said we'd be better off just getting a new one. The one we have has broken down numerous times over he past few years and he was appauled at how high our energy bills are. He said that our utility bills would be so much lower if we got a new, energy efficient model, that it would pay for itself pretty quickly. I was really worried that PG would ask me to put my class off so that all my income could go towards the gaspack, but he said I could keep saving for it. I'm hoping that the sooner I get certified, the sooner I can start finding clients and adding more towards our income.

Prayer requests for now are that we can get financed for the new heatpack and that I can quickly save the money I'll need for the class.

Also, please pray for Ian. He's had an upset tummy all day today. He's been on the potty a LOT, but thankfully no throwing up. I'm going to get him some hot tea to settle his stomach and send him to bed in a few minutes. Please pray that he feels better soon and that it is NOT the stomach virus we all had last year!!!

No comments: