Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Moving right along

I'm moving right along with my class. I've finished the Doula Skills module now and begun to work on my Reflective Practice paper. I still need to finish the draft for that and turn it in, and then turn in the final paper, do one more book review, and do the Physiology module. And attend my two births, of course! It looks like I might actually get everything finished up within my timeline! I'm so excited!

I also ordered a number of marketing items this past weekend. I'm checking the mailbox every day...I should have my very own buisness cards soon!

In other news, last night I decided to walk down the street to Lost and Found and attend their Wednesday night service. I didn't even realize a church met there...I thought it was just an after school program. But I saw on their sign that they have Sunday morning and Wednesday night services and, since AWANA is over for the year, I had a free Wednesday evening to check them out. Apparently on Wed nights they have a Bible study. Everyone there was very welcoming and nice (one woman even knew what a doula was!). I had been hoping there would be some praise and worship music, but I guess that is only on Sunday mornings. That's really the one thing I don't like about Farmville Presbyterian...the music. I really prefer contemporary worship music. But Pastor Rocky and all the people there are just so great...I guess I can get my music elsewhere if I have to. I'm hoping to get some new guitar strings soon so maybe I can start singing praise and worship with the kids as part of our schoolday. Anyway, I think I'm going to keep trying to go to Lost and Found on Wednesday nights. Last night was very refreshing.

Prayer requests today would include continued prayer for S and D as they get ready to welcome Elizabeth into their family, and for me to know what I need to do to help support them through labor and birth.

I want to praise God for providing me with time to work on my class and ask Him to continue to give me the drive to get all my work done.

No comments: