Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ahhh...me time

A rarity in our house has occured...both boys are asleep at the same time! I've been mildly productive: vacuumed and mopped the kitchen and pantry, washed a load of diapers and hung them to dry, and I'm fixing to wash the kids' clothes as well (right after I finish up here and get myself a bowl of much deserved ice cream!).

Last night my husband and I had quite a bit of fun as well. One of the residents he works with is finished with her program and is moving to South Carolina to work. She was having a going away party at her house and, knowing that eating at her house meant the promise of homemade Indian food, a herd of wild horses couldn't have kept him away. She has two small children who kept Ian entertained nearly the whole time, and my hubby and I got to enjoy adult conversation and excellent food while the rest of the residents played "pass the baby" with Zollie.

Father's Day is coming up this weekend. I never care much about the fact that we are barely skimming by money wise until a holiday comes up. I don't want to be rich, I just want to be able to buy nice gifts for my loved ones to show them how much they mean to me. What I really would love is to be able to buy a new computer or a bunch of camping gear or even the new D&D books for my husband. He is so wonderful, a hard worker, loving, and such a great dad...he really deserves it. But I'm stuck with about 10 dollars to do something with. I'm wanting to do a special dinner for him, and the boys made him a card, but that just doesn't seem like nearly enough to show our love. What's a poor woman to do?

Prayers/Praises for the day: Praise God for healthy kids and for the little bits of time I get to myself (Zollie just woke up...)

Praying that our meager Father's Day celebration will be enough to show my husband just how much we love and appreciate him.

God bless!

No comments: