Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hi! I'm new here!

Well hello everyone! I'm new to this whole blogging thing, so I guess the best way to start is to tell everyone a bit about myself and my family. My husband and I have been married for almost 6 years. They haven't all been easy years...the first couple were spent with me working full time while my husband was in medical school. The last couple have been spent with him working 60+ hours a week in residency while I stay home with the boys. We are poor, but blessed. God has provided for all our needs and even a few of our wants.

So far we have two sons: Ian Gray is 2.5 and Zollie Isaac is almost 8 months. Both boys were born at the Women's Birth and Wellness Center...a freestanding birth center in Chapel Hill, NC. They were both wonderful experiences, and I'm a huge advocate for natural birth now that I've had two of my own. Ian is full of energy and enjoys anything that involves splashing in water or throwing a ball. He's smart as a whip, too...he already knows his letters and numbers, shapes and colors. I can't wait to start formally homeschooling him and seeing his little mind work! Zollie is my high needs baby and needs a lot of being held, though now that he's getting mobile, he's happier to play on his own or chase his big brother around. He's already walking behind push toys (and he's not even 8 months old yet!) so I think he'll be an early walker. Ian is definately more interested in him now that he can interact more, though lately Ian has become more clingy, and wants me to "put Zo-yee down!" and hold him more. It's always hard when that's not immediately possible (like when Zollie is nursing), but I know it's very important to meet all of Ian's needs as well. At least we have a big recliner that will hold all 3 of us!

My hopes for this blog are to have a place to just chronicle my life. To be able to keep up with all of the silly and annoying things my kids do, to write about our homeschool journey, and to encourage other families who share similar interests or are just curious about what those crazy, crunchy, Christian folks do all day. So right now I'm going to go do some living: Ian's hungry after his nap, Zollie needs a diaper change, and my hubby is fixing to help me get some ribeyes soaking in marinade so we can grill out later. Talk to you soon! God Bless!

Prayers/Praises for today: I praise God for the time I got to snuggle with my boys today. I praise him for a husband who works hard to provide for us (even when he has to work on Sundays) and for a pantry that has food in it. My prayers go out to a friend who just lost her baby a few days ago and for my stepdad's boss who just found out he has a brain tumor. May God's peace rest upon those families.

No comments: