Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

God always provides!

I mentioned in my last post a prayer request for PG because (among other reasons) our finances have been really tight recently. I have been praying for God to give me another child to watch in my home, but I didn't think it would happen any time soon due to my weird schedule. I teach on Mondays and Wednesdays and the HOME co-op will meet on Fridays, so the only real days I can watch a child are Tuesdays and Thursdays. What are the odds that anyone will *only* need a sitter on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

Well, God cares about the details, that's for sure. I got an email the day after I posted that prayer request from a wonderful woman at my church. Her son is in preschool M/W/F and daycare T/Th. She is unhappy with the daycare situation and is looking for someone to watch her son...you guessed it...on Tuesdays and Thursdays! I am SO excited to get this opportunity! She's even hoping that I can include her son with our homeschool activities. All I can say is YAY GOD! She's coming by Sunday afternoon so her son can see our house and we can talk about all the details.

On another note, I just finished reading a really interesting book. It's The Shack by Wm. Paul Young. I've read some reviews online about it and they are mixed. Some feel the book is pure hipocracy, others say it's spiritually eye opening. I'm in the latter group. There were a couple of things in the book that I'm not sure were Biblically accurate, but for 99% of the book, I thought it was very revealing. It gave me a look into the Trinity unlike any I've ever had before, and the first one that actually made sense. It gave me a renewed interest in fostering relationships and how important they are. And it gave me good insight into what forgiveness actually means, which for me was significant, since that is something I've struggled with for years in reference to a family situation. I would definately recomend this book. I would caution the reader to remember that the book is a work of fiction, but the plot sucks you in and you fall in love with the characters. Give it a read, but, as with all things theological, test the idea you take from it against the Bible.

Praises: Praise God for putting this babysitting opportunity in my lap! And for a really fun playgroup this morning with some of my Natural Mama friends.

Prayer requests: Pray that all the details work out well for me to keep this little boy (we'll probalby have to add a rider onto our insurance to cover him). Also, keep praying for PG's anxiety, as well as our homeschool journey.

2 comments:

April said...

Praying for everything! How did it go Sunday with him?
~April (CMF)

Vallere said...

Went great! I'll be watching "M" starting this Thursday!