Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

August 17, 2009

Well, I was wrong again. Everything wasn't over.

Yesterday at about 5pm Suzanne and Dave picked up the boys to take them swimming so that PG and I could get some things done. He wanted to work in the yard and I wanted to get started decopaging the keepsake box. Around 7:30 I called to check in and let them know we'd probably be leaving in half an hour or so when PG got back from softball practice.

Just after that DeEtte called and said she was at Bible study but she couldn't concentrate because she was thinking about me so she wanted to call and check in. I told her everything was fine and I would call Monday and make an appt for my follow up ultrasound.

About 20 minutes after that my back started hurting. It felt like everything cramped up on me for maybe 15 or 20 seconds and then went away. I thougth I had just been sitting in the recliner too long, so I got up and went to the kitchen to get something to drink. While I was in there my back cramped up again. I came back to the living room and sat back down in the recliner, leaning over with my head in my hands. Another wave of pain, but this time it wrapped around to my belly. This felt just like my back labor with Ian. I knew I was having contractions.

Again, another million thoughts ran through my head. I thought this was over! What is going on? This is scary. What if that really wasn't the baby and she's still in there? How stupid will I feel then? What if this isn't normal? What if I really start bleeding and need to go to the hospital? Who will watch the boys? Poor Suzanne and Dave...they've gone to such lengths all weekend to help watch the kids...I hate to ask them to watch them longer.

PG opened the door and peeked around. "Are you ok? You've been sitting there with your head down ever since I pulled up." So I told him I was having contractions. By now they were so painful that I felt like moaning. I felt a little gush and went to the bathroom and found that I was bleeding pretty heavily...just a constant drip of blood. We were concerned about how much blood there was and didn't know whether this was normal or not. PG finally convinced me to call DeEtte back and so I told her what was happening, and she said she would call Dr Furgason and then call me back. PG called Suzanne back and told her that I was having painful contractions and was bleeding, so we'd keep her updated.

During the next 10 minutes I kept having contractions every couple of minutes and finally as I stood up I felt something coming out...it felt just like birthing a placenta. I told PG to come quick and we went to the bathroom and saw that I had passed the deciduous cast...the lining of my uterus. It had a placenta-like texture and was sack shaped. I immediately stopped having contractions and the bleeding slacked back off.

DeEtte called back and we updated her and she said that hopefully that was everything then, but if the bleeding didn't slow way down to go get the cytotec filled.

We waited around a while to make sure things were ok and then went to get the boys. I think we got home with them around 10pm. I was so so so exhausted...I could barely walk. I just went straight to bed with Zollie and passed out.

This morning PG headed off to work and I talked to DeEtte again to let her know I was ok. I'm home alone right now, but I hope Suzanne will come stay the day with me. I'm just so worn out, physically and emotionally. I feel like I'm running on fumes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness! I am so glad you're okay! Am reading your blog for updates