Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, August 16, 2009

July 12, 2009

6w3d

Felt quite nausious this morning trying to get the boys ready for church. I actually gagged a couple of times. I think I'll take that as a good sign!

I have been really concerned about the health of his pregnancy because it is SO different from my first two. I laid in bed a few nights ago, just praying for God to give me a sign that everything was ok. I begged and begged and finally this picture of a yellow butterfly flashed through my mind and I said "Ok, God...give me yellow butterfly, then I'll know everything is ok". That night I dreamed I was in labor and my awesome hb mw was there (even though I was on a hospital bed? I dreamed I had the other two in a hospital too, so I'm not so worried about that) but my mom wasn't there, and the baby was crowning and I said "I can't have her till Mom is here!" so I just stopped pushing and mom finally got there and out came my beautiful little girl!

I dreamed the other two were boys pretty early on, so I'm feeling pretty sure this one is a girl. Between that dream, and the fact that Ian says maybe 5 times a day "I want God to put a baby gurl in your belly", I'm fairly confident. LOL

So what do I see fluttering right across my path as we're walking home from church today? A yellow butterfly. I totally know what I'm painting on my belly cast this time!

First appt with my midwife is the 25th. It can't get here fast enough. My mom wants us to go to White Lake with her the first week of Aug, so that seems like a good time to tell her I'm pregnant.

On a sad note, PG is hiking up in the Smokey Mountains with Kenzie (my sister) and her boyfriend Adam. They haven't been able to call today, probably no reception, but they called last night when they were fixing to set up camp and PG said "you would have died...I'm so glad you didn't come" Apparently the first day was a LOT of uphill...my sister (who is in great shape) said it was horrid. Adam, however, is apparently a machine. PG said he was barely out of breath!

On a sour note, I told my sister Suzanne today about how I might be able to work as a midwife's assistant and her first words were "can't you get arrested for that" She's never been in favor of us having a homebirth. We can't even really talk about it. I'm seriously having second thoughts about inviting her to the birth. She was at both the boys' births at the birth center, and was great taking pictures and rubbing my feet, but if she's not going to be supportive, I don't know that I want that kind of negative energy here. Maybe I'm just too hormonal. We'll have to see how things play out as the pregnancy progresses. I'll probably wait till 7wk to do a belly shot at this point. Trust me, nothing has changed.

No comments: