Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 18, 2009

Last night was really rough for me. I got on FaceBook to send DeEtte a message letting her know how much I appreciated her bringing by the ultrasound pictures, and saw that yesterday was the day she got to find out whether she was having a boy or a girl. Her u/s pictures were posted on her page. I'm so happy for her, that she's having a little boy this time and that he's healthy, but I was so so so sad thinking about how different our two u/s outcomes were.

I should be planning my u/s in a couple of months to find out whether our baby was a boy or a girl. I should be thinking about pulling out baby clothes and washing them. I should be planning my birth. But instead I'm looking online for a cactus to bury my baby under. I'm lying in bed, bleeding. I'm hurting so bad. And it's not fair.

I told PG last night, after I had a good long cry, that I think I need to stay away from some of my mom boards for a while because if I hear one more person complain about how they hope their baby comes soon because they are sooo miserable and tired of being pregnant, I'd just scream. He said "It gives a whole new perspective on miserable, huh?" Yes. Absolutely, yes.

I had an appt this morning at 9:30 for my follow up u/s. I dropped the boys off with Suzanne (she has been such an angel this weekend, watching them so much for me) and headed to the office. I was so nervous that there would be something left and they would send me to the hospital. My bp was high. My heart was pounding. I got on the table and, thank God, there was nothing left. It was a relief, but it was horrible to see an empty uterus up there on the big screen TV.

Empty. My uterus is empty. My arms are going to be empty. This house will always feel empty because someone is missing from our family. An emtpy spot in family pictures. Just empty.

I had to head over to get my bloodwork done after the u/s, but I was out of checks so I ran by where PG was working today to get the bank card. Apparently his boss asked who I was and PG told him what had happened and he told PG to take off at lunch today and not to come next Tuesday if he didn't feel up to it. What a sweet man. I'm glad PG is home. He's getting to work out (he's been wanting to all weekend).

I've been thinking about dates. Like for the ticker on this blog, I had to pick my "goodbye to Anna" date. It took me a while to decide when it should be. Aug 13, when we found out she was gone? Aug 14, when she was born? Some random day in July, when she actually died? What will be her memorial date? Her birthday? Her EDD? This is all so confusing. I wonder what other moms who have lost do. It's so complicated because she died so long before we knew about it. 7 weeks gestation is barely anything, but I thought I was pregnant up until 11 weeks, so does that make it ok that I feel so overwhelmed by this grief?

I checked out a few books from the library today on how to deal with miscarriage. I want to read them, but I don't. I doubt they will say anything I don't already know. Does it make it better that other people have been there, done that? That I'm not alone? I have people calling and emailing and sending cards every day. People who have lost babies and know how I feel. But I still feel absolutely alone.

Dr Lamson called back while we were in town. I'll call her tomorrow morning. She said she would be in her office from 9-11am.

I tried to make Anna a little blanket last night, but it didn't come out right. It should have been a square, but instead it's shaped like a snowflake. I thought that was very appropriate. Anna was like a snowflake...uniquely mine, and gone before I could hold her in my hand. I think instead of making hats I'll make little snowflakes. I'll have to think on a name for the ministry. I know snowflake babies usually refers to adopted frozen embryos. Maybe Snowflakes of Hope? I'll think about it.

3 comments:

Susan said...

You mourn every one of those days. The day you found out you lost the baby, the day the baby should have been born and just about every single day between the two. When someone else has a baby about the same time yours should have been born you bawl your eyes out. When people complain about morning sickness you get the overwhelming urge to punch them in the face.

I assume they are monitoring your HCG to make sure it goes back to zero. It took 3 weeks for mine to go from 10 to 2 w/ the last one and that was after I had a clear u/s. I hope yours goes faster, going in for bloodwork and seeing a waiting room full of pregnant ladies HURTS.

You know how to get up with me if you need someone.

Susan Pearson

Vallere said...

OH Susan, I'm so sorry sweetie. I didn't know you had lost a little one, too. :( *hugs*

Yes, they were doing HCG quants today. If it's low enough I don't have to come back, but if it's still high I go back in a week. At least it's at a lab and not at the OB office.

And OH MY GOD why oh WHY do they have to call it a missed abortion??? I saw that on my chart today and just about lost it again.

Unknown said...

I remember having those same emotions after both of my miscarriages. And like Susan said--you mourn all those days. With my first, I knew the day that I lost her--I was early on but always thought she was a girl and always thought of her as "Rachel". She would have been a New Year's baby and not a year has passed by since that I have not thought about how we should be celebrating a birthday. With my second m/c, I had no idea I was even pregnant until I started bleeding in a bathroom in Pennsylvania while on vacation.

I remember feeling sooooo angry. I had several friends get pregnant during that time and I had the hardest time being happy for them. I also had people say the rudest and stupidest things. My MIL called the day I miscarrried--right after my hubby had told her--and asked if I could work in the nursery at church that Sunday--this was on a Friday. (How cruel can you be? Honestly, do you think I want to spend the two days after my miscarriage holding babies?!). And when I mentioned to my mom that I was having a hard time being happy for my pregnant friends my mom said that I "shouldn't feel that way." But that was how I FELT. I'm entitled to have my own opinions and no one should tell me how I should or shouldn't feel.

Anway--I don't mean to be so long winded. I should have sent you an e-mail instead. Please know that although we haven't met (yet!) that I am praying for you. I remember how painful it was to lose my babies. You will always have a 'scar' from the loss of you baby Anna and although you will never forget, in time it will get easier. Please let me know if you need me for anything!!

Laura (from GM)